Helpful Hints when using storage
- Use pallets to keep contents off the floor
- Maximize all of the space in the unit
- Use freestanding shelving to organize boxes
- Store frequently used items at the front of your unit to avoid unnecessary searching
- Labels boxes on all sides for future reference
- Pack heavy boxes on the bottom and light boxes on top
- Protect your items with covers, old sheeting etc.
- Disassemble items that can be easily taken apart. Put all the nuts/bolts in a Ziploc bag and attach to the item
- Store sofas, mirrors and pictures on end when possible
- Wrap breakables in bubble wrap
- Do not store food items. This includes spices, rice, cereal etc.
- Do not store any toxins or flammables such as paint, oil or gasoline
- Do not forget to clean appliances as mildew may occur
- Do not forget to check with your insurance company about storage insurance for your belongings